offshore birding

Hi C'birders,
Today I went offshore from Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC aboard
the New Inlet Princess.  Probably not in the Gulf Stream only about 42
miles out and the fish were cold to the touch.  Captain Jack (not me)
said that is unusual and indicative that the fish were not in the Gulf
Stream. Nonetheless a few birds

Greater Shearwater-2-about 35 miles out
Audubon's Shearwater-1-about 42 miles out
Wilson's Storm-Petrel-1-about 42 miles out
presumed juvenile Laughing Gull-1sent description to Mike Tove for some
feedback.
Barn Swallow-1 about 42 miles out

It must be catching. I've got the crew looking at birds now. The mate
said to me-
"I saw this bird in a Marlin fishing tournament out of Edisto Beach a
few years back it was big and all white and had these long white lines
coming off its tail?" I showed him the picture of the White-tailed
Tropicbird in the field guide and he exclaimed "That's it"
Captain Jack said I haven't seen any of them Pomarine Jaegers since you
were here last time and those Storm-Petrels have been scarce this month.
He used to call Storm-Petrels "Jesus birds".  Several fishermen called
out hey Mister-birdwtcher bird over on this side coming towards us-(the
aforementioned Audubon's Shearwater.)
I probably would have missed it without that help.
Seas were calm but not flat and breeze was light from the south.
Biggest fish caught was a 19"  Amberjack.  The fishing looked poor to
fair but everybody put something in their basket.

Nice day on the ocean and a few year birds to boot.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC