wren's nest and rain

Cbirder's:

We've had C. Wrens build nests just about everywhere,
including a battery in our van...this year we have our
first nest in a flower box that's on the side of our
house under a window. It's a dome nest of leaves and
pine straw. The eggs (don't know how many made it)
hatched because we've seen the adult wrens bringing
grubs which are taken, and I have seen the head of one
nestling...the problem is the nest is getting very wet
from all the rain and it's supposed to rain much more
tomorrow...the birds have only been hatched a few days
and i'm concerned that they'll drown or die of being
wet all the time...the nest has not collapsed and the
fact that it's up against the house on one side and
has a slight eave above helps, but it looks soaked, at
least from the outside. Any comments or ideas?

thanks

=====
--Linda Jeannette Ward
--P.O. Box 231