Scope advice

Hi all -

I'm thinking of buying a scope this fall and was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Kowa Spotting Scope 664 Series ST/Fluorite?  It seems to be a compact version of the 824, which I know many of you like.  I'm not sure I can handle the weight of the larger model, so I was wondering if anyone had used the smaller 664 and if so, what did you think?

Also, for the tripod I'm looking at the Bogen/Manfrotto Tracker Tripod 3175 GN3, again trying to balance weight vs. performance.  Any suggestions?

I found both on the Eagle Optics website, www.eagleoptics.com.

Thanks in advance for your help!  If all goes well, I'll be sporting my own scope come WOW this year, instead of begging peeks from all of yours!  :-)

Toni
Toni Rexrode
Durham, NC
tonirexx@earthlink.net