NC Nature Conservancy book

Howdy!

Thought Triangle area birders would be interested in this press release
and attending the
discussion at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh next week. Haven't seen the
book yet, but I predict we could find great birding areas to discover!
Joe and I became members of  The Nature Conservancy after we became
birders--once our eyes were opened to see how important it was to
protect the environment.

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net

Nature Conservancy author Ida Lynch to speak at Quail Ridge Books

DURHAM - Explore misty mountaintops, pristine rivers, Southern-style
swamps, and wind-scoured barrier islands with Ida Phillips Lynch, author
of  "North Carolina Afield, A Guide to Nature Conservancy projects in
North Carolina."

Lynch will discuss "Afield," recently published by The Nature
Conservancy,
at Quail Ridge Books on Wednesday, August 13 at 7:00 p.m. Joining the
author will be Merrill Lynch, associate director of protection for The
Nature Conservancy's North Carolina Chapter.

In "Afield," Ida Lynch, a former Conservancy staffer, guides you to some
of the wildest places in eastern North America, from grassy balds in the
southern Appalachians to wind-sculpted dunes on the Outer Banks. Outdoor
adventurers and armchair travelers alike will enjoy profiles of 92 of
the most scenic and ecologically significant areas the Nature
Conservancy has protected in North Carolina, including state parks, game
lands, national forests, national wildlife refuges, and Nature
Conservancy preserves. Whether your passion is hiking, birding,
paddling, plant discovery, or just driving along quiet back roads, this
handy guidebook is sure to become a trusted resource for planning your
expeditions.

Before you pack your bags and begin exploring North Carolina's
hinterlands, join Ida Lynch at Quail Ridge Books, grab a copy of
"Afield"
and then get outdoors!  It's wild out there . . .