Bar-tailed Godwit at Pea Island

Hi folks,
I am not sure who first located this bird but there is
a Bar-tailed Godwit in basic plumage in South Pond at
Pea Island, Dare County, NC. Skip Morgan called me and
I dashed down there to confirm. The bird was feeding
in the area frequented by Snow Geese in winter along
highway 12 near the south end of South Pond. It looked
a lot like a Hudsonian. The streaking along the neck
and back was very subdued, unlike what the field
guides show, however the bird definitely had a
distinctly barred tail. I left the bird at 12:50.
Hopefully it will stick around for the weekend.
Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC