Thanks!

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my RFI a couple of weeks
ago about several species. I birded NC for the 1st (but not the last)
time last weekend when I came over for a Patterson pelagic trip. I
didn't get any of the species I enquired about, but had a blast
nonetheless, getting 10 lifers or ABA birds on the pelagic trip. I
didn't find anything unusual while landbirding, but had a great time,
often in the rain, exploring the area. I did get to spend some time with
several species that I had very little experience with previously, such
as Great Black-backed Gull and Seaside Sparrow. Other highlights were 23
species of shorebird and 10 species of terns for the trip. The number of
terns in particular on the Outer Banks really blew me away!

Looks like I was about a week off on the really good bird, with the
Bar-tailed Godwit showing up! I have a few images posted from my trip on
my website at:
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=116215&c
k , if anyone is interested. They are in the Photo albums section under
"North Carolina trip".

Thanks again & good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN