Wood Thrushes Question

The area around our house used to have two or three pairs of Wood Thrushes
nesting each year, but as more lots have been built on they have diminished.
This spring there may have been one nesting pair.
About a month ago I began hearing one song, then more. This AM between 5:30
and 6 AM there were at least four singing birds spaced at least 100 yards
apart.
Do adult males disperse or begin migration so early? Why so much singing in
August? (they sing only at first light.)
Thanks.
                                                        Reece

Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC