Re: Red Tail Hawks

I would pay good money to have this pair of Red-tails live in my yard!

Buddy

Fred Houk wrote:

Interesting sighting here on Terrells Mt. in Chatham county...at least
for me.

Two red tail hawks, working together, to tear down a squirrel's nest
from atop an oak tree, then following it to the ground (about a hundred
feet), and chasing the squirrel, together, as a team.  They didn't catch
the squirrel...but they seemed to have less interest in him, and more in
the nest.

There may have been baby squirrels in the nest...didn't get close enough
to see before they left.  They spent about five minutes on the ground,
poking around inside the sturdy nest.  I presume they had a meal on
them.

-- Charles L (Buddy) Garrett, MD 132 Dockside Dr Jacksonville, NC 28546 medxam@onslowonline.net Home 910-577-6776 Work 910-577-2286 Cell 910-389-0858