fate of the mantis

Dear Carolinabirders:
Thanks for all of your suggstions and votes on the mantis situation in
my hummer-frequented bushes. Randy Emmitt's photographs and graphic
description convinced me that it was just a matter of time before the
mantis ambushed a hummer, and what clinched the insect's fate was the
knowledge that it is not even a native, but a Chinese invasive. So it
is gone and I am keeping a sharp lookout for any of its progeny. I
could not stand it munching a live hummingbird--not when I have
engineered this little micro-habitat that hummers seem to like.
Shantanu Phukan