Re: Mantises and Hummers

Shantanu,

I have witnessed first hand a Ruby-throated Hummer being killed by a Praying Mantis. Its nature taking its course, nothing to worry about in your garden. The chances are likely slim that a big mantis will be so lucky. See
http://www.rlephoto.com/birds/hummer01.htm

Randy Emmitt
Durham, NC
www.rlephoto.com