preschool nature classes; canoe fest

Hi Carolinabirders,

Two things of possible interest I've stumbled across recently. First,
received something in the mail which looked like some of the usual junk.
On closer examination, it was an ad for an Outer Banks canoe/kayak
festival September 26-28. Activities include a two-hour workshop on Kayak
birding, and a one-hour presentation by The Nature COnservancy, both on
Saturday; and a one-hour session on Kayak birding on Sunday, plus one on
funding paddle trails. And on Friday, there apparently will be a full-day
paddling expedition to view shorebirds at Pea Island. They're also going
to have a silent auction benefitting TNC and NC paddle trails, and
exhibitors from several nonprofit conservation groups.

If any of that interests you, the event website is
http://www.getoutdoors.us/splash.htm

On a more local note, I picked up a flyer at our local community center
advertising a preschool nature program for children ages 3-5 offered by
Durham Parks and Recreation. Seven total classes, all on Thursdays this
fall at 10-11 AM, at West Point on the Eno. It says to call Chris Shepard
for full information, 919-620-8154.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose