Nighthawks -

Coming home from Biltmore Square shopping center on NC 191 this evening
(Fri., 29th)
near the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway  road  we saw a flock of
about 40 nighthawks  swarming.  Yes, Tim Lewis, we watch for them, too
and also the migration of the Chimney Swifts.  This past weekend near
Dayton, Ohio, we saw flocks of hundreds of Swifts making their way
south.

We appreciate the sharing from across the Carolinas of reports of our
feathered friends beginning the long journey south!!!!  And thanks Wayne
Forsythe for report on Blue Grosbeaks and Olive-Sided Flycatcher!!
Wow!!!

Bev and Art Hudson