Results of necropsy on Charlotte Coopers Hawk

The dead Coopers Hawk that we found near Evergreen Preserve (Louise reported
it on the birding listservs on Monday) appears to have died as the result of
an impact that ruptured its crop.  The immature female probably flew into a
window, ruptured its crop, which was full, and then died later near
Winterfield School.  Sad as we are to see one of our "babies" die, we were
relieved to see two of its family members on Tuesday morning in the trees
behind our condo.

Thanks to Betty O'Leary at Carolina Raptor Center for the quick necropsy.
Donations to CRC are always welcome, as are volunteers.  URL
http://www.birdsofprey.org/

Larry Barden, Charlotte, NC