POINT PELEE IN MY BACKYARD

I'm supposed to be making pie crust, but upon hearing alot of chips
going on outside the screen door I took a peek.  I thought I was at
Point Pelee or Dolphin Island in the Spring!
30-40 Tennessee warblers were devouring small green catapillers off the
yellow birch, while 7 were waiting their turn to flit into the drip from
the old milk bottle hanging for that purpose - and 3 were in the pan the
water drips into.  Everyone was having a ball.  There were only two
Blk-thr. Greens as far as I know - it was hard to see everyone all by
myself.

We always have warblers come through our yard (woods) in the Spring and
Fall, but this group was the largest group we've had.  This week we've
had Blk. Thr. Blue, Hooded,
Tenn., and BT Greens and the Thrasher was back.  Also the Scarlet
Tanager showed his beauty before he left.

So, I best get back to my pie making, and I'm pretty sure Wayne Forsythe
should be working, but I'd bet he's cruising Hooper's Lane!!!

Good birding, everyone!

Bev Hudson
Hendersonville,  NC