HBSP on 9-5

Hi C birders,
Yesterday morning I met Bob Maxwell at Huntington Beach S.P. at 7:40 and
we birded Mullet Pond, the Carriage Path and the old entrance road to
the "hollow". Bob left to have lunch with Barbara and friends about
11:15 while I birded another hour or so covering the area around the
education center and the north end of Sandpiper Pond.  49 species on a
cloudy to partly sunny day with moderate northerly winds and mild temps
in the mid 80's

Double-Crested Cormorant-3
Great Blue Heron-6
Great Egret-15
Snowy Egret-5
Little Blue Heron-3
Tricolored Heron-10
Reddish Egret-1 drats seen by Bob and the Turners before I got there
Green Heron-1
Black-crowned Nigh-Heron-2 adults
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-3 immatures
White Ibis-1 immature
Wood Stork-70
Blue-winged Teal-41
Osprey-2
Red-shouldered Hawk-2 or 3
Killdeer-1
Willet-1
Semipalmated Sandpiper-3
Western Sandpiper-2
peep-40
Short-billed Dowitcher-4 juveniles
Laughing Gull-4
Caspian Tern-4
Black Skimmer-2 immatures
Mourning Dove-3
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-1
Chimney Swift-20
Ruby-throated Hummingbird-1
Belted Kingfisher-2
Great Crested Flycatcher-1
Barn Swallow-5
Blue Jay-10
Am. Crow-1
Fish Crow-6
Carolina Chickadee-4
Tufted Titmouse-3
Carolian Wren-3 heard only
VEERY-1 a rare Fall record for this location. The was my 265 species for
the park.
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-2
White-eyed Vireo-2