Migrants

Hi all,

Managed to scare up a few migrants during a couple of brief outings over the
last couple of days.

Yesterday (Sunday) morning, started off in the my yard with a
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER and a WORM-EATING WARBLER, the latter being a new
yard bird.  I then drove over to Lake Crabtree County Park to see if I could
share in the reported bounty.  I didn't get there in time (or hit the right
spots) to see as many good birds as Steve, but I did manage to scare up
several AMERICAN REDSTARTS and a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER, as well as
numerous COMMON YELLOWTHROATS and RED-EYED VIREOS.

I made a brief return trip this morning before work, and despite the slight
drizzle (which didn't get heavier until after I left, thankfully), I managed
to find quite a few MAGNOLIA WARBLERS and a couple of CHESTNUT-SIDED
WARBLERS, as well as the expected NORTHERN PARULAS, Yellowthroats, and
Redstarts.  I also had a large number of both Red-eyed and WHITE-EYED
VIREOS, as well as a very cooperative EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE.  Both SCARLET and
SUMMER TANAGERS were in evidence, too, with the latter calling fairly
frequently.  These were all found in the same spots Steve noted in his mails
(I think they're the same, anyway), along the forest edge heading West from
the first parking lot.

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic