Re: Early Lincoln's Sparrows

On 9/5/03 9:49 PM, "Dwayne Martin" <redxbill@conninc.com> wrote:

> We had one at Glenn Hilton Park in Hickory last year on September 7.  I knew
> it was early, but I didn't realize that it was a state early record.  It was
> seen well by 20 folks on the walk.
>
> Dwayne
> *************************
> Dwayne Martin
> Foothills Bird Club
> Taylorsville, NC
> redxbill@conninc.com
> http://www.geocities.com/foothillsbirdclub/

As a follow-up to this report, I'd like to add that our own Keith Camburn
observed a Lincoln's Sparrow on Clingman's Dome Road (Great Smoky Mountains
NP, NC) on the SAME day (9/7/2002) Dwayne saw his at Glenn Hilton.

You two guys will have to get together and check sighting time of day to see
who really "owns" the earliest known fall report for NC!  :-)

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC