Least Flycatcher+Warbling Vireo-Mt. Pleasant, SC

Saw a N. Parula, Yellow warbler and Black-throated Green Warbler in the yard yesterday around noon.

Yesterday (9-10) afternoon, there were some good birds at Patriot's Point in Mount Pleasant, SC.  Burton Moore, Mimi Dias and I had the best ones after Dennis and Donna Forsythe and Billy McCord departed.  Folks leaving usually makes good birds appear.

LEAST FLYCATCHER - 1
Veery - 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 50+
WARBLING VIREO - 1
Blue-winged Warbler - 1
Prothonotary Warbler - 1
N. Parula - 12
Black-and-white Warbler - 4
Black-throated Blue Warbler - 1
Yellow-throated Warbler - 2
Prairie Warbler - dozens
Yellow Warbler - 10
Am. Redstart - dozens
Ovenbird - 1
N. Waterthush - 2
Common Yellowthroat - 25

The Least Flycatcher was a small empid with a big head, brown/gray above, whitish throat & wingbars and "whit" call.  The bill was smaller than a Willow or Alder Flycatcher's and the bird itself was smaller than a Willow/Alder.  The eye ring was uniform (no teardrop effect toward the rear edge) and much more pronounced than that of a Willow/Alder.  I didn't take time to note the short primary projection since I began trying to unpack the video camera from my backpack to film the bird.  It flew back into the jungle before I got the video ready, unfortunately.

The Least Flycatcher was in the trees near the pumphouse on the left just past the Hilton entrance.  Burton Moore and I had a large insectivore flock along the new road being cut across from the entrance to the Hilton (after 5:00pm when the workmen knocked off).  The Warbling Vireo, Blue-winged Warbler and some other goodies were 1/4 mile in.

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC