Lake Crabtree

Hi all,

I've been out for a brief spot of birding at Lake Crabtree almost every
morning this week before work.  I haven't seen anything outstanding, but
there have been plenty of birds moving through, and it's been nice,
nonetheless.  Before going any further, however, I ran into another birder,
Gordon, this morning at the boatramp, and he allowed as to how he'd just
seen a BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO.  So some pretty good birds are, in fact, moving
through.

Been lots and lots of MAGNOLIA WARBLERS moving through, and today the place
was pretty thick with YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS giving great views.  Other
warblers include CHESTNUT-SIDED, PINE, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, AMERICAN
REDSTART, BLACK-AND-WHITE, NORTHERN PARULA, and BLACK-THROATED BLUE.  Seen
plenty of WHITE-EYED and RED-EYED VIREOS, the former still singing
energetically.  I've seen at least one EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE every day, and
there have been good numbers of both SCARLET and SUMMER TANAGERS present as
well.

The spots which have been the most productive are the areas just W. of the
first parking lot and the areas to both the immediate E. and W. of the
boatramp.

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic