Lake Crabtree today

Lake Crabtree County Park (Wake Co, NC) continued to be a good spot for migrants today. It's a mystery to me why this spot is so consistently reliable, in contrast to other equally likely looking spots, like, oh, my yard. Today I saw many of the same species that have been reported through the last week, including 10 warbler species: Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Black-throated Blue, Pine, Black-and-white, American Redstart, Worm-eating, Common Yellowthroat, and Hooded. I believe that the Worm-eating, which I saw with Rob Tiller, hasn't yet been reported for the park this season. Rob also added Blackburnian to the day's warbler list. There were also numerous Summer and Scarlet Tanagers still present, but the cuckoos all seem to have moved on. One other highlight was an adult Bald Eagle.

--
Kent Fiala
Chapel Hill Township, NC