Durham B.Eagle/ Ch.Hill Swifts

if itÕs of interest to someone, a work colleague tells me she has seen an adult B.Eagle hanging out around Quail Roost off Roxboro Rd. in Durham the last week (she assures me itÕs not an Osprey). Take the paved rd. into Quail Roost, Ôtil it becomes a dirt rd., and then comes to a pond on the right; beyond the pond is a field, and beyond the field some woods where the bird has flown out from ( I think this is private property, but she says anyone can go back there and hike around).

At midweek had around 1600 Swifts in downtown Chapel Hill split between two sites but by weekend number seemed down under 700. Amazingly, out of dozens of chimneys in downtown area the small, short one behind Cosmic Cantina on FranklinSt. which is topped with a brick archway and partially impeded by a roof antenna remains the favorite. What are those little twitterers thinking !???

**Rob Gluck....... Chapel Hill....... thrush@hotmail.com

ÒÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ ÒA man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone." -- Thoreau ÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ

Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es