Nest Surprise!

Well, my wife opened the grill on the deck tonight and yelled out "what is
that?" Turned out to be a freshly made nest by one of our fine-feathered
creatures. We last used the grill about a week ago so it was definitely new.
The nesting material was cypress mulch from the garden and cotton pieces
from a cushion on the deck. There were no eggs in the nest. The grill
obviously stays closed when not in use and has a protective cover over it.
My best guess is that the inhabitant(s) is a Carolina Wren. Would others
agree? I didn't have another suitable place to put it other than under the
eave of a replica of a tobacco barn which sets on the bench that wraps
around the deck. Any chance of the bird seeking out the nest and still using
it since its been handled? Thanks.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC