Falcon to 76 Mississippi Kites. We missed a big Mississippi Kite day this
year, but a total of 76 isn't bad, considering how far north and east we are
in the breeding range of this species.

The hawk watch totals are at www.hawkcount.org

The platform we were using to look for hawks has been officially closed for
safety reasons, but it is still possible to overlook the Congaree Swamp
(albeit not quite as well as from the observation deck). I will attempt to
find out what repairs might be necessary so that we may again use the
observation deck, but since there is no money to do this we will have to get
along without it for the time being.

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com