yesterday's selasphorus hummer in G'town, SC...

...was today's hatch-year male Rufous. he was trapped and banded a little
before 1900 this eve, a wunnerful bunnel of fun.

still a few Ruby-throateds hanging around, and a couple of them got their
own personal shiny new ankle bracelet, too. i actually banded three birds,
but only trapped two. one femme Ruby-throated wanted a band so badly she
follwed me into the bldg while i was carrying one in to process it. word's
getting out, these bands are the rave fashion accessory for the hummers
nowadays; they gotta have 'em.

also saw a few Palm Warbler, two Belted Kingfisher, a group of 12
Yellow-crowned Night-herons...and one Laughing Gull; i didn't think they
came in 'ones.' he may have an identity crisis though, he was walking 'round
the marsh with the night-herons.

gotta luv this time of the year...

Woohoo!

;-)
gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)