Mount Pisgah Hawk Watch

Hello all,
The Mount Pisgah Hawk Watch is alive and well. Very spotty coverage so far has netted only a handful of migrants...Broad-winged Hawks, Sharp-shinned Hawks, one Red-shouldered Hawk, and one Bald Eagle. An official list will be forthcoming as soon as I get the forms together.
The annual "Raptor Day" event, put on by my AP Biology class, will be held on Sunday, September 28th. We'll be there from 9-5 with the usual educational displays. This year we will be assisted by a group of 3rd and 4th graders from Evergreen Charter School here in Asheville who are also learning about birds, migration, and censusing techniques. It should be a fun-filled day, and a great opportunity to introduce a lot of young people to the joys of birding. All Carolina Bird Clubbers are welcomed to come up and help out.

Location: Mills River Valley Overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mile 404.5, about 10 parkway miles south of Asheville, NC. Don't forget to bring sunglasses and a chair.

Contact me off-list for more details.

Bill Sanderson
Asheville, NC