Golden-winged Warblers

Hi,

This morning I was birdwatching (or rather warblerswatching) again in Indian Trail Park from 7:50 till 9:30.
Here you are what did I see:
N. Parula - 2
Golden-winged Warbler - 1 M and 2 F (3 birds!!) exactly in the place Dan pointed me the other day, on the W side of the road bridge. They came about 8, stay some 20 minutes and moved towards W along the creek.
Chestnut-sided W. - 5 (including one crazy bird which for ca 10 minutes had been chasing with a Hummer - probably crazy, too)
Magnolia - 4
Black-throated Green - 1 M
Prairie - 1 F (juv.)
Bay-breasted - 1 juv. (M)
Black and White - 1
Am. Redstart - 12
Common Yellowthroat - 3
White-eyed Vireo - 5
Red-eyed Vireo - tons of these guys
House Wren - 5
Scarlet Tanager - 1 F
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 2 juv.

So that was very interesting. Looks like birds were on very urgent move, probably pushing by colder air and incoming low pressure system.

Mike

Michal Skakuj  Ph.D.
2420 Perkins Rd.
Durham, NC 27705