HBSP, 21 Sept 03, two good birds

Birders,

Barbara and I walked to the jetty at HBSP this afternoon (21 Sept 03) at about 2:30 PM and came across two good birds.

First, almost as soon as we got onto the beach at the north parking lot, a juvenile Lesser Black-backed Gull flew by, heading north. I thought we might get another look at it as we walked towards the jetty, but we did not. It could still be in the area, but I don't know.

At the base of the jetty, in the cedars behind the former Least Tern nesting area, we had a long, definitive observation of a Clay-colored Sparrow - the best look I've ever had at this species.

Encouragement to the Outer Banks crowd,

Everyone else, I trust you're enjoying the birds,

St.

--
Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net