Mt. Pisgah, Anhinga, and link to hawk watch data

C'birders,
Instead of posting the totals for the Mt. Pisgah Hawk Watch here as I have in the past, I'll refer you to the powerful new web site put up by the Hawk Migration Association of N.A. From this page you can access the data from any watch site in North America, for any day that the site has reported. From the main page (follow the link below) click on the "Daily Summaries" button in the menu on the left side of the page, then use the pull-down menu to choose a site to visit. You'll get a day summary table and also the hour-by-hour report for that day. Very cool! This is the same link that Jeff Catlin posted here a few weeks ago, in case some of you missed it. All of the NC/SC hawk watch sites are reporting to this website, so you can quickly see how things are going.
I will continue to post anything unusual to this list. Today we had an Anhinga flying by high over the ridge, heading S-SE as if he was late for the last fish in the pond. Pretty weird for a mountain top hawk watch in western North Carolina. Wayne, you missed him by about 15 minutes!

The link is:

www.hawkcount.org

And while I have your attention....the "Raptor Day" event at Mt. Pisgah is set for this coming Sunday, 28 September. Considering the weather forecast for the week and the reports from the upstream watch sites, the carolinas will be seeing the first major Broad-wing movement in the next few days, so next weekend could be very good indeed. Come on up and enjoy the show!

Scheduled coverage for the Pisgah watch site: all day Tuesday (23rd), Saturday (27th), and Sunday (28th).

Contact me off-list for more information.

Bill Sanderson
Asheville, NC