Indian Trail Greenway, Bluewinged, Nashville

Janet and I and Rick Payne birded the Indian Creek Greenway in Durham on Monday morning.

We missed the Golden-winged, but saw the Blue-winged that Will Cook spotted today, and a Nashville Warbler. We also saw a chestnut-sided in addition to magnolia, redstart, at least 5 yellow-billed cuckoos, and at least 3 eastern wood peewees. + the usual suspects (whatever that means).

The blue-winged and Nashville were making their way through a tangle of vines when a magnolia dropped in to make it a three way collection of yellow jewels. Good looks, Nice morning.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC
tkrakauer@mindspring.com