Hummers Fading

Well, it looks as though I may be down to one solitary female. Up until a
few days ago, there were two females chasing each other from the feeders,
but that activity has ceased. Had a bit of a scare on Wednesday that brought
back visions of Randy E's pictures of the hummer being killed by a mantis.
While working from home in my study, I looked up and noticed the hummer
attempting numerous landings, and upon closer inspection, there was a mantis
sitting right beside the feeder, no doubt waiting to pounce. Needless to
say, I immediately chased the 'bug' off and have not seen it since. Close
call in my book.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC