Yellow Wagtail in Alabama

Hi folks,

I know it isn't a Carolinabird but it's a good bird foro the lower 48...

Subject: YELLOW WAGTAIL - FT. MORGAN
From: "Lucy & Bob Duncan" <Town.Point AT att.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:36:36 -0500

This morning David Dortch, Bob Duncan, and Cecil Brown located a YELLOW WAGTAIL
at Ft. Morgan Alabama. The bird was initially found around 11:30 am and seen
well in the Swarovski scope. At around 2:00 p.m. Lucy Duncan (Gulf Breeze),
Howard Horne (Mobile), and Venetia Friend (Daphne) arrived. We refound the bird
BY ITS CALL as it flocked with Palm Warblers. The bird was last seen around
5:15 p.m. by L. Duncan, John Porter, and a Montgomery group (that probably
should have had several speeding tickets) including L. Gardella, Carolyn and
Phil Snow, and Anabelle Markle.

If you go look for the bird: It is in the open dune area between the maintenance area and Mobile Point. It is with Palm Warblers. It undulates in flight and CALLS DURING FLIGHT which is how I located it several times, so listen. It sounds somewhat like an E. Kingbird or an Am. Pipit, quite unlike the Palm Warbler's chip.

It does perch up on bush tops and in the dead sticks of skeletonized shrubs.
Good Luck! and take a hair comb to get the sandspurs off your socks and slacks.
Many biting dogflies...shorts are NOT recommended.

Lucy Duncan Gulf Breeze

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy patented spam protection and more. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa