SABINE'S GULL On Lake Hickory!!!

I found an immature SABINE'S GULL on Lake Hickory late this evening!  It was
seen off of the Dusty Ridge access in southern Alexander County.  The gull
was sitting on the water about 2/3rds the way across the lake.  It was
spooked up a couple of times by some boats and the V pattern on the back was
quite evident.  I called Lori Martin and she came and also saw the gull.  It
was a life bird for both of us.  I will check the access again tomorrow to
see if it is still there.  Here are directions to the access if anyone wants
to try in the morning.

Take I-40 to exit 131(Hwy. 16).  Go north on Hwy 16 about 8 miles to the
Catawba River bridge.  Take the first road on the left past the bridge which
is Wayside Ch. Rd.  Go to the stop sign and turn right.  Go about 1/2 mile
and turn left onto Rink Dam Rd.  Go about 2 miles and turn left onto Polly
Bowman Rd.  Go about 1/4 mile and turn right onto Deal Farm Rd. and the
entrance to the access is about a 1/10 of a mile on the right.

  Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Taylorsville, NC