mixed flock

Esther and I ran across a mixed flock of 50-100 birds feasting on dogwood berries this afternoon, a cople of blocks from our house in north Asheville. With bright sunlight, mild temps and colorful leaves providing a lovely backdrop, this was a cheering scene. S. Tanager, R-B Grosbeak & Swainson's Thrush were among the flock, along with goldfinch, Red-winged Blackbird, C. Grackle, and A. Robin. Quite a sight.

Also saw a Cape May Warbler in the neighborhood this morning, as skies began to clear.

Len Pardue
Asheville NC