Birding in N. Durham County- Fall has fell

This morning with grey skies and all the leaves wearing muted shades of autumn. Pretty morning, but a clear indicator that the seasons have shifted.

There were no more catbirds for the first time in a while) , and the only migrants to be seen were Eastern Wood Peewee (late) and Black-throated green warbler. I saw two Black-throated Blue warblers ( male and female) yesterday.

about 6-10 yellow rumps, and our first 2 W-T Sparrows. Song sparrows are back in fair numbers. 4 ruby crowned kinglets.

Flickers seem common this fall.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC