Re: My next door neighbor has an electric pump pond thingy that was put in recently...

Fred,

Since I have a very small water garden which has attracted some wildlife,
but no birds to speak of, I was curious what kind of gadget your neighbor
has?  Is it part of a water garden, or is it a birdbath of some sort?

I've noticed increased activity at my dripper birdbath recently, mostly by
Carolina Wrens & Tufted Titmouse  --  who are apparently really fond of the
"Friday night bath"!  Unlike the mockingbird, who gets back into the bath
(after it refills) because it missed a feather or two, the Carolina Wren
wades daintily into the water, wets a feather, then wades back
out........and so on.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh, NC
alurie@nc.rr.com