Hilton Pond 10/15/03 (Hummingbird Totals)

Now that the third week in October has come and gone, we suspect we won't be seeing any more Ruby-throated Hummingbirds here in York SC. Thus, it's time for our annual summary of hummer banding activities at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History. We include some charts and tables that make it easy to see how 2003 was very different from most previous years.

To view the summary--the topic of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for 15-21 October 2003, please visit http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek031015.html

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at http://www.hiltonpond.org and http://www.rubythroat.org ("Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project").

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.