Rufous in Myrtle Beach, SC

hi y'all,

early this morning i made my way to Myrtle Beach, SC and birding buddy Ritch
Lilly's home to try for the Selasphorus hummer he first observed Thurs. eve.
i'm happy to report that an imm. female Rufous was most cooperative and is
now quite fashionably attired, sporting a shiny new id bracelet of her very
own. i look forward to seeing her again.

thanks to Ritch for keeping a feeder up and for allowing me to band this
special little bird, and also for his hospitality. that boy can grill a mean
piece of chicken, y'all.

quick, the game's afoot! well, it's actually on the wing, but anyway...

Woohoo!
;-)

p.s.  there's more to come...

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)