Bear Island, Donnelley WMAs

Last look today at Bear Island WMA (other than from the paved road) until
Jan 21 (unless you're hunting).  And another couple of hours at Donnelley
WMA, just up the road.

The ducks aren't in yet--saw fewer than 50 of four species, compared with
several hundred of eight species on Oct 9.  Water water everywhere, deep,
and no shore birds, few gulls or terns--I think they had over four inches of
rain in midweek.  The "Great White Heron" is still there, in the same place
it was reported on Oct 10.

Here are the largely usual suspects I found:

10-31-03, Bear Island and Donnelley WMAs

Pied-billed Grebe
Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
Anhinga