The time changed today — early to Daylight Savings and the New York Times features articles to remember to read today or later:
- A feature about Gilberto Gil and the futures of music copyright including his Creative Commons work. “Gilberto Gil Hears the Future, Some Rights Reserved”
- A fairly comprehensive article about digital archives with good graphics etc. “History, Digitized (and Abridged)”
- A review of language books which notes that Ben Yagoda’s WHEN YOU CATCH AN ADJECTIVE, KILL IT: The Parts of Speech, for Better and/or Worse tells us that â€˜Raid Kills Bugs Deadâ€™ was written by the Beat poet Lew Welch in a stint as an adman.
- A review of Michael Parker’s new book, Don’t Make Me Stop Now.
- David Orr on the Poetry Foundation in specific and money and poetry in general.
- All about the Wizard of Melo Park in “Edison the Inventor, Edison the Showman”
- Still reading…