Reason on copyright and censorship

I've always wondered where groups like Reason Magazine would draw the
copyright line. At first, it seemed like a property issue clear and simple
in which the conservative and libertarian's would have a strong tendency
to protect property -- or be strong on copyright and patents. but it's not
so simple as this article points out "How intellectual property laws
stifle popular culture" http://www.reason.com/0003/fe.jw.copy.html
As someone who has brought culture hackers, Negativland
(www.negativland.com), round to talk about the reuse of cultural
materials, I'm impressed by the changes in attitude here or maybe I missed
something the first time by.
It's a provocative read.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071