Digital Diploma Mills assignments

During the week of April 10 - 14, I will be on the road at the 52nd
Conference on World Affairs http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/ in Boulder. But
our educational experience need not be stalled by my travel or my physical
absence from the classroom.
As we discussed, I am asking you to each respond to David Noble's articles
critiquing distance education throughout that week. Each resonse should be
about 300 - 500 words (more if you feel necessary) posted to this list or,
if you feel more comfortable with the web, as WWW pages. Be sure to
include appropriate references to your readings and auxillary
materials. Your response should not be simply a restating of Noble or a
personal rant.
Here's the schedule:

Due Monday evening - Response to DDM 1 by Peter and Hannah
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue3_1/noble/index.html
or
http://www.uwo.ca/uwofa/articles/noble.html

Due Tuesday evening - Response to DDM 2 by Harry and Robyn
http://www.uwo.ca/uwofa/articles/di_dip_2.html

Due Wednesday evening - Response to DDM 3 by Lisa and James
http://commons.somewhere.com/rre/1998/rre.digital.diploma.mill.html

Due Thursday evening - Response to DDM 4 by Dan
http://www.tao.ca/wind/rre/0802.html

Please take time to read and respond to the postings by other class
members. I'm looking forward to reading your postings.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071