I just heard an ad for this on the radio...

...and I had to check it out.

http://www.123nc.com

here's their wonderful motto:

"123nc.com lets you instantly search every criminal record in North
Carolina.  Why worry about someone's past when you can know the truth
right now?"

$12.00 per search, $6.00 per record.

It was hilarious because when I heard the radio ad for this thing, the
narrator kept saying how you "need" this information to be safe before
going out on a date for instance.  There were a bunch of us sunbathing
in front of Craige dorm listening to this ad on a portable radio and we
all laughed for about five minutes and made fun of it.  I had to go
check it out and I think you should too.

Harry