Re: Technology Critic Takes On Computers in Schools

James and Co.,

You know, prior to today, I never really even considered Stoll's argument.  It
never crossed my mind.  It always just made sense to me that more computers in
schools would make for a better education in pre-collegiate study.

But after sitting back and thinking about it, I think I agree.  I wasn't very
computer literate until my junior year in college and now only a few years later
I'm getting deep into the computer industry (as an IS major).  I think Stoll is
right: all the necessary computer knowledge for college can be easily taught in
a couple weeks (at most).

Do y'all agree?  I think that time spent teaching kids more than what Stoll
considers the necessary amount of computer knowledge could be better spent.
Also, shouldn't school funding be spent on teachers instead of computers?

Harry