more on Bizkit and napster

from Mercury Center (San Jose) via NewsScan:

http://www.sjmercury.com/svtech/news/breaking/merc/docs/037248.htm
(full story at the link above)

LIMP BIZKIT GIVES NAPSTER FIRM ENDORSEMENT

Criticizing fellow rock artists and who have attacked Napster Inc. for
promoting music piracy by allowing people trade and search for files of
musical performances downloaded via the Internet and without remunerating
artists or record companies, the lead singer of the rock band Limp Bizkit
calls Napster software "an amazing way to market and promote music" and
maintains that "the Internet is here, anybody trying to fight that, which
would be people who are living by certain standards and practices of the
record industry ... are the only people who are scared and threatened."
The Recording Industry Association of America is suing Napster for piracy
and copyright infringement, as is the band Metallica. (Reuters/San Jose
Mercury News 25 Apr 2000)

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071