Re: more on Bizkit and napster

For the record, if you didn't hear me say it in class, Limp Bizkit is
considered by many metalheads globally to be the perfect example of the term
"sellout."

Their singer has been quoted as saying the following regarding another metal
band, Slipknot:

"Slipknot will never make it big time because the recording label they
signed with doesn't have enough pull."

Their defending of Napster is yet another hypocritical media stunt, which we
seem to be seeing a lot of recently.  Nevertheless, their actions will in
fact help Napster considerably, and it absolutely frusterates me to see a
band like Limp Bizkit  rape American culture like this.

Clearly Limp Bizkit doesn't care about the MP3 issue as much as they want us
to think.  Limp Bizkit was simply lucky enough for Napster to offer them an
all-expenses paid free tour--what band would say no to that?!  The only
thing Limp Bizkit has to do in exchange is say that MP3s are the future.
This gives them a great rep with the fans and their record label can't sue
them for it.

The only cool thing about this is that if you look at it abstractly, you can
see that the sellouts (Limp Bizkit) are actually selling out one more time,
this time screwing the record companies.  Who will they screw next?!