[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ticket hell

kp47@umail.umd.edu wrote:
: noticed that they had recorded the date of my ticket issuance as July 8--a
: Saturday. Not July 28--a Friday.  Because --thanks to the ticket--I was 20

Unfortunately this does happen- along with all sorts of other mistakes.
I just got off the phone today with MCDCH regarding a citation my mom
received.  She didnt hear anything from them since 3 months ago that she
mailed it in requesting a hearing.  Guess what: today they tell me that
it (the citation) was sent to a different address and returned.  Luckily
her court date was set for the 12th and I caught this before it got too
far out of hand.

Unless you have a copy of the citation as it was written (with "July 28"
clearly marked on it) I strongly suggest that your course of action right
now should be to cut your economic losses and pay the $25.  Anything else
can potentially cost you more money unless you can provide proof of this
mistake because your next cheapest alternative would be to take off X
hours from work and drive out to some courthouse where you will be stuck
for a couple of hours arguing.  Unfortunately when dealing in such
sitatuations right and wrong dont make a difference and you have to
minimize loss.

Either way, best of luck on this.