[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: Repeal of National Speed Limit

I haven't taken those particular roads, but I have driven on I-15 from
Yellowstone to the Canadian border in Montana, or I-90 in certain parts
of Montana.  Plus other, non-interstates as well.

55 is a joke out there and in most other places of the USA.  Go over the
horizon and you'll find another one not too far away but at 55 it will
take forever to get there.  Montana may be the last great state for
driving in, their $5 daytime speeding tickets are truly nice (no points,
no insurance hits, no record of it, pay the cop on the roadside-no, it's
not a kickback...)

Ever notice that 0, ZERO, NONE, not one state had a speed limit of less
than 60 mph on their interstates before 1973 and since then we've been
told that going over 56 on some of those very same roads is dangerous and
we'll all be killed?  Do they really think people believe that?

Anyhow, the speed limt repeal is still alive.  The conference committee
members now call the shots, the staffers can't do a thing (by order of
the members).  Other than people calling and faxing to get the bill
passed, it's pretty much out of our hands.  About all we can do is watch.

The committee was supposed to meet yesterday but didn't.  I don't know
what their schedule is, and sometimes I think they don't even know.

--
National Motorists Association      	Join the NMA!
nma@genie.geis.com                  	$29 a year.