[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cops: Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them

In article <9504180108285482@solar.org>, jon.simon@solar.org (Jon Simon) wrote:

> JamieYanak@oai.org, your post was stupid.  Here's why. Stop everything!
If we don't move at all, nobody will die!
> YIPEEE!  Obvioulsy since you advocate 55mph and therefore all the deaths
> which occur at that speed, you must be a sick perverted bastard.

You haven't been following along closely enough.

I don't advocate 55mph speed limit. I think 65mph would be more reasonable.

However the thing that causes accidents on the highway is *differences* in
speeds *between* vehicles.  If everybody was doing 65mph there wouldn't be
a problem.

However the speed limit is generally 55mph, and when people decide that
they would rather go faster, and begin changing lanes, and going around others,
who are obeying the law, that's where the trouble starts.

So until the speed limit is 65mph, you are creating a hazard by exceeding it.

Jamie-Andrea Yanak