[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime Running lights - The facts

Paul.R.Wallen@tek.com (Paul R. Wallen) writes...
>msw5513@vms1.tamu.edu (Gumby) writes:
[third brake light...]
>>All the milliseconds add up.  Given the added warning, a few deaths may be
>>avoided.

>I have a simpler solution.  Why not go back to simple, common sense driving
>habits, and allow a reasonable distance between you and the car in front??

What's your problem?  Personal responsibility?  Not here in the U.S., mister.
Just cut that crap out, and go live in a communist country like New Zealand.

The family of a drunk teen that ran into a retaining wall at more than twice
the speed limit sued, and won.  The city had to pay for killing the kid by
putting a wall in his obvious path of travel.

(I just NZ didn't have as tight restrictions on us foreigners, otherwise I
think I'd change residences.)

Marc