[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

What's the big deal about DRL. This has been done in some states in the US, in
the past. I think Minnesota had a law in the 50's or 60's that stated that all
vehicles had to drive with their lights on at all time. The stats showed that
the accidents took an initial drop, then returned to the pre-law levels. And
this was with full light intensities. The law was eventually dropped. The same
will occur here. DRL is no new idea, History seems to show that it will not
sustain the safety improvements hyped in the commercials.

Actually I think a better idea would be to have the car automatically switch on
the lights when the windshield wipers are on. (with a possible override if the
window is just being cleaned. 30 sec delay?)

--
       bill

(horwthwp@cig.mot.com)

Follow-Ups: References: